Is finding reliable DRAM memory for your HP ProLiant Server series in your data center a major challenge? When you choose HP SmartMemory you get the same high quality, reliability, and confidence that come with your HP ProLiant Gen9 Server series. DRAM quality and reliability are more important now than ever. Industry trends such as server virtualization, cloud computing, the use of large database applications, and high-performance computing have all increased the need for higher capacity memory with greater reliability and uptime. HP SmartMemory is a unique technology introduced in HP ProLiant Gen8 Servers that unlocks certain features available only with HP Qualified Server memory in Gen9 servers also. HP SmartMemory enables ProLiant Gen9 systems to reliably identify and verify whether installed memory has passed the rigorous HP qualification and testing processes. And because the memory is authenticated, you can enable extended memory performance features through the system ROM.
Delivers Better Performance than Competition
Lower Power Consumption
- HP DDR4 SmartMemory for Gen9 Servers provide 14% better performance in rack and tower servers.1
- DDR4 SmartMemory for Gen9 Servers have 33% better performance in HP BladeSystem enclosures.2
- HP SmartMemory enables HP ProLiant Gen9 Server series to reliably identify and confirm that installed memory has passed the rigorous HP qualification and testing. That means you are getting genuine HP Qualified Memory for optimal, reliable performance.
- Verifies that your memory has been tested and performance tuned specifically for your HP ProLiant Servers. Most third-party memory vendors simply don't do this or aren't capable of platform-level testing. HP SmartMemory is sourced only from Tier 1 DRAM suppliers.
- When used in conjunction with HP OneView, SmartMemory enables fault prediction capabilities. If potential problems develop in one of the DIMMs, HP OneView lets you know in advance so you can have the DIMM replaced, before it fails, under warranty.
Reducing Downtime and Providing Better Environmental Experience in Your Data Center
- DDR4 SmartMemory has 37% lower power than DDR3 at the same speed.3
- DDR4 SmartMemory allows closer DIMM spacing enabling less expensive CPU heat-sink.
- HP DDR4 SmartMemory offers a 1% reduction in memory-related outages.
- With the lower power consumption, the DDR4 SmartMemory requires lower fan power and offers better acoustics.
All the rack and tower server will work @2133 MHz at 2DPC whereas all the other competition will go down to 1866 MHz at 2DPC which means ((2133-1866)/1866)*100 equals 14% better performance.
Blades will work at 2133 MHz in the fully populated modes and all other competition server will go down to 1600 MHz in a fully populated mode which means ((2133-1600)/1600)*100 equals 33% better performance
Compare DDR4 to DDR3. DDR3 goes in the denominator. (5.69-3.58)/5.69 = 37%