StarTech.com USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA III Hard Drive Product Details
Connect a 2.5in SATA hard drive to your computer using a portable cable with UASP Support. The USB3S2SAT3CB USB 3.0 to SATA adapter cable lets you connect a 2.5" SATA hard drive or solid state drive to your computer through an available USB port. The cable supports UASP, allowing for transfer speeds up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0, which enables you to utilize the full potential of your SATA III SSD/HDD, when paired with a UASP-enabled host controller.
his portable, cable-style adapter makes it easy to swap between hard drives without having to install your drives in an enclosure, and features a lightweight design with no external power required, for easy storage in a laptop bag or carrying case.
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Mac OSX (10.8 or above), and Linux. In testing, UASP performs with a 70% faster read speed and 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance. At the same peak in testing, UASP also shows an 80% reduction in required processor resources. Testing results were obtained using an Intel Ivy Bridge system, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com Enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
What It Is and Why You Need It:
- Cable Type: SATA/USB
- Connector on First End: 1 x 15-pin Male SATA 3.0 SATA, 1 x 7-pin Male Power
- Connector on Second End: 1 x 9-pin Type A Male USB 3.0 USB
- Device Supported: Notebook, Ultrabook, Storage Drive, Hard Drive
Frequently Bought Together
- Buy this item with StarTech.com 1 Port Flush Mount ExpressCard USB
Manufactured by: StarTech.com
Warranty provided by: StarTech.com
UPC No: 065030854696
Mfg Part No: USB3S2SAT3CB
( Length:8, Width:8, Depth:0)
Shipping Weight: 0.2500 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- StarTech.com logos are registered trademarks of StarTech.com. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.