- Manufacturer: TRANSITION NETWORKS, INC.
- Manufacturer Part Number: E-100BTX-FX-05(SC)
- Manufacturer Website Address: www.transition.com
- Device Type: Media Converter
- Ports: 1 x RJ-45 100Base-TX Port(s)
- Ports: 1 x SC 100Base-FX Port(s)
- Connectivity Media: UTP/STP
- Connectivity Media: Fiber
- Connectivity Media Details: 100Base-TX Category 5 UTP/STP
- Connectivity Media Details: 100Base-FX 1300 nm Multimode Fiber
- Data Transfer Rate: 100Mbps Fast Ethernet
- Supported Distance: 1.24 mi Multimode Fiber
- Supported Distance: 328.08 ft Category 5 UTP/STP
- Protocols Supported: Fast Ethernet
- Protocols Supported: SNMP
- Protocols Supported: RMON
- Status LEDs: Unit LED:
- Power: Lit for normal operation
- FACT (Fiber Activity): Blinking indicates activity
- FLNK (Fiber LInk): Lit indicates Link
- TPACT (Twisted Pair Activity): Blinking indicates activity
- TPLNK (Twisted Pair Link): Lit indicates Link
- Input Voltage: 9V DC
- Temperature: 32 to 122°F Operating
- Temperature: -4 to 185°F Storage
- Altitude: 0 to 10000 ft Operating
- Dimensions: 3" Height x 1.0" Width x 4.75" Depth
- Weight: 0.5 lb
- Additional Information: - Operates under heavy traffic loads without excess heat so there is no need for a failure-prone internal fan.
- Round trip delay of only 40 bit times - far below the Class II rating of 92 bit times.
- Automatically detects and reports loss of link on a connection using Link Pass Through. This feature allows the equipment at the remote end of a link failure to "see" this failure and respond with corrective actions, such as Spanning Tree fail-over links, proprietary trunking links, or failure reports through SNMP or RMON procedures built into the switch, router or hub.
- Automatically detects faults in a link using Far End Fault. This feature of the Fast Ethernet Fiber standard allows you to troubleshoot a fault, even if it is only in one direction; alerting the device on the same side as the failure.
- The converters will also automatically re-establish link when connected to two 10/100 auto-negotiating switches if link is lost. With other manufacturers' converters the user must intervene to re-establish link.
- Pause is a component of Auto-negotiation and because Auto-negotiation is not supported over a fiber link, switches cannot utilize this flow control feature without our converters. Enabling the Pause feature on the converters betwen two switches allows users to take advantage of this flow control feature on their equipment.
- AutoCross technology eliminates an entire category of network troubleshooting by automatically matching crossed and uncrossed cables to the appropriate connection. The twisted pair port is instantaneously configured to the correct MDI or MDI-X configuration.
- Only Transition Networks guarantees compatibility with any 10/100 compliant port. This feature allows you to force the proper port configuration through an external switch on the converter, unlike competitive products that ship in Auto-Negotiation mode and may require both hardware and software configuration.
- Bit error rate: < 10-9
- Fiber Optic Cable Recommended:
- 62.5 / 125 µm multimode fiber
- 100 / 140, 85 / 125 , 50 / 125 µm multimode fiber
Fiber Optic Connector:
- Min TX PWR: -19.0 dBm
- Max TX PWR: -14.0 dBm
- RX Sensitivity: -30.0 dBm
- Max In PWR: -14.0 dBm
- Link Budget: 11.0 dB
- SW1: Auto-Negotiation On/Off
- SW2: Pause TX On/Off
- SW3: LPT On/Off
- SW4: FEF On/Of
- Jumper Block 1: Auto Cross enable
- Certifications & Standards: - IEEE 802.3® 100BASE-FX, 100BASE-TX
- UL Listed
- FCC Class A
- EN55022 Class A
- CE Mark
- Standard Warranty: Lifetime Limited
- Parts Warranty & Labor: - Lifetime
- Additional Warranty Information: Effective for Products Shipped May 1, 1999 and After. Every Transition Networks' labeled product purchased after May 1, 1999 will be free from defects in material and workmanship for its lifetime. This warranty covers the original user only and is not transferable.
This warranty does not cover damage from accident, acts of God, neglect, contamination, misuse or abnormal conditions of operation or handling, including over-voltage failures caused by use outside of the product's specified rating, or normal wear and tear of mechanical components. If the user is unsure about the proper means of installing or using the equipment, contact Transition Networks' free technical support services.
Additional Resources: Product Manuals
Manufactured by: Transition Networks
Warranty provided by: Transition Networks
UPC No: 648177006809
Mfg Part No: E-100BTX-FX-05(SC)
( Length:0, Width:0, Depth:0)
Shipping Weight: 1.3400 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Transition Networks logos are registered trademarks of Transition Networks. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.