StarTech 3 Port Serial/Parallel PCIe Card Product Details
StarTech PEX2S5531P Parallel Serial Combo PCIe Card
Enhance the performance of your PC with the StarTech Parallel Serial Combo PCIe Card. It features an easy step by step installation saving you time and effort. It converts a PCI Express slot into two RS232 (DB9) serial ports and one Parallel port. Thanks to the a native PCI Express single chip design you can benefit from its full PCI Express capability, providing enhanced performance while bringing down the load applied to the CPU by as much as 48% over traditional serial cards which use a bridge chip design. Attuned to a broad range of operating systems including Windows®2000 /XP/2003/Vista™/ 7/Server 2008 R2 (32 and 64-bit), Linux Kernel 2.6.11 and up, and MAC OS 10.4, it comes with an optional low profile/half-height bracket that fits the card in virtually any computer case, regardless of the case form factor. Purchase the StarTech Parallel Serial Combo PCIe Card right now!
What It Is And Why You Need It:
- PCI Express chipset; delivers true PCIe performance
- Suitability; standard and low profile/half-height bracket included to ensure fitment in any system
- Easy to install; full step-by-step instructions saving time and hassle
- Two high speed RS232 serial ports with data transfer rate up to 460.8 Kbps
- One parallel port with data transfer rate up to 1.5 Mbps
- Compliant with PCI Express base specifications revision 1.0a
- 128-byte deep FIFO per transmitter and receiver
- Configurable in 5V, 12V, and RI (non-powered) modes.
- Selectable power output on pin 9 for the serial port
- Native single-chip, single lane PCI Express
- Automated out-of-band flow control using CTS/RTS and DSR/DTR
- Automated in-band flow control using programmable Xon/Xoff in both directions
- Self-service automated machines and kiosks to control serial devices such as scales, touchscreens, magnetic card readers, bar code scanners, receipt printers, label printers
- POS retail applications in grocery stores, and any other retail store to control keyboards, cash drawers, receipt printers, card readers / card swipes, scales, and elevated displays on poles
- Bank teller workstations in either full profile or low profile versions to control their serial devices such as cash drawers, card readers / card swipes, printers, keypads / pinpads, pen pads
- Standard ATM automated teller machines to control keypads, receipt printer, card readers / card swipes, touchscreen LCD's, camera control, etc.
- Used to control multiple surveillance / security cameras in a parking structure, office building, etc.
Manufactured by: StarTech.com
Warranty provided by: StarTech.com
UPC No: 065030841764
Mfg Part No: PEX2S5531P
( Length:9, Width:6, Depth:2)
Shipping Weight: 0.4000 pound(s)
Dimensional Weight: 1pounds
What is Dimensional weight?
Click here for full warranty and support information
- StarTech.com logos are registered trademarks of StarTech.com. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.