Iogear GCS1808 8-Port USB PS/2 Combo KVMP Switch Product Details
Iogear GCS1808 8-Port USB PS/2 Combo KVMP Switch
The Iogear GCS1808 8-Port USB PS/2 Combo KVMP Switch is a combo switch allowing access and control of up to 64 computers from a single console (keyboard, mouse, and monitor). As many as 8 additional switches can be cascaded bringing the total number of connected computers to 64 computers that can be controlled from a single keyboard-monitor-mouse console. A custom ASIC (patent pending) provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation, eliminating the need to manually set the position with DIP switches. Additionally, the Iogear GCS1808 8-Port USB PS/2 Combo KVMP Switch features high density SPHD 15-pin instead of the usual 25-pin connectors thus allowing for a compact design and installation in a 1U system rack.
The Iogear GCS1808 8-Port USB PS/2 Combo KVMP Switch includes one USB port located on the front panel for easy access and sharing of any USB peripherals. Setup is fast and easy; plugging cables into their appropriate ports is all that is needed. The switch supports both USB and PS/2 connections for the console and computers. The Iogear GCS1808 8-Port USB PS/2 Combo KVMP Switch intercepts keyboard input directly, thus eliminating the need for any software configuration. Switching between computers can be easily accomplished either by manually pressing the front panel push button port LEDs, entering hotkey combinations from the keyboard, or via a menu driven multilingual on-screen display (OSD) system. A convenient auto-scan feature permits automatic scanning and monitoring of activities on all connected.
What It Is and Why You Need It
- Eliminates the excessive expense of additional monitors, keyboards and mice
- Increases office space, productivity, and provides as an energy cost savings solution
- It contributes to a greener environment by reducing the amount of waste generated by multiple components
- An easy / efficient way to organize and streamline a growing or expanding server operation
- IOGEAR’s Display Emulation Technology provides the DDC support for Windows 7
- Cascade compatible with GCS1716 for control over 128 computers
Manufactured by: Iogear
Warranty provided by: Aten Technology
UPC No: 881317504050
Mfg Part No: GCS1808
( Length:22, Width:6, Depth:10)
Shipping Weight: 9.0000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Iogear logos are registered trademarks of Iogear. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.