Xandros Desktop Home Edition Product Details
Xandros Desktop Home Edition
The Building Blocks for Your Digital Home
Xandros Desktop Home Edition is a complete Linux desktop operating system that also includes the applications needed to work, communicate and play. Built on the stable and reliable Debian Linux platform, Xandros Desktop allows you to enjoy your digital lifestyle, the way you want to, without the hassles of viruses, spyware and other security threats. Xandros is fun and easy to use. It installs in just 4 clicks, and does not require any Linux or technical know-how. Discover how easily you will enjoy the beneﬁts of Linux and bring security and stability you can count on to your PC with Xandros Desktop.
The new home for your digital life is ready. From web surﬁng to auction bidding, photo taking to album making, video streaming to iPod syncing and e-mailing to online banking… Wherever your digital life may take you, Xandros Desktop is the secure and exciting gateway to your digital world.
- Seamless Windows Compatibility
Xandros Desktop is designed for maximum compatibility with Microsoft.
- Run Microsoft Office and other Popular Windows Applications
(Xandros Desktop – Home Edition includes a 30-day trial version of CodeWeavers CrossOver Office Standard). Run Microsoft Office, Intuit Quicken, Adobe Photoshop and many other Windows applications in Xandros.
- Dual Boot Xandros and Windows
Install and run Xandros on the same PC as Windows. Xandros will not interfere with your Windows installation. Once you are up and running, you can easily switch back and forth between Xandros and Windows, as well as share files and folders between the Xandros and Windows sides of your computer. (Creating a dual boot computer requires having a licensed copy of Microsoft Windows).
- Share Files, Folders and Printers with Windows Computers
Use the Xandros File Manager to connect to Windows networks, shared folders, and printers.
- Open, Edit, and Save Files in MS Office Format
With the included OpenOffice.org application suite, you can easily open and edit Microsoft Office files. Create new files and save them as MS Office documents to share with friends, family, and colleagues.
- Linux kernel upgraded to version 2.6.15 or higher
- Compliant with the Linux Standard Base (LSB)
- Based on the DCC Alliance standards-based Debian core
- glibc 2.3.2, gcc 3.3.5
- X Windows System 6.9.0
- KDE 3.4.2 Xandros Enhanced
A Closer Look
- Music Management
Import and organize your music, podcasts and audiobooks in to the Music Manger. Listen to your playlists and music collections. Create MP3s and audio CDs and sync your iPod and MP3 players.
- Photo Management
Import photos from your digital camera. View, edit and organize your photos into albums and slideshows. Post them online or print at home.
- Firefox Web Browser
Browse the web faster with your personalized version of the popular Firefox® Web browser. Eliminate frustrating spyware and pop-ups. Use tabbed browsing to easily toggle between multiple Web sites. Stay current with all your favorite Web sites with live bookmarks.
- Security Suite
Combined with the powerful security of Linux, the Xandros Security Suite protects your personal data and eliminates the threat of spam, spyware and viruses. The Xandros Security Suite includes a firewall, anti-virus software, and system file protection.
- CD/DVD Burning
Burn copies of your favorite music and important files with a single click. Create audio and data CDs, and data DVDs. Drag and drop files to burn with the Xandros File Manager.
- Instant Messaging
Chat with friends on Yahoo!®, MSN™, ICQ™, AOL® and AIM®. A single interface for all your IM accounts makes keeping track of your multiple conversations easy.
Make free calls through your computer to anyone, anywhere, for free! Xandros Desktop includes 30 SkypeOut minutes to call any landline or mobile phone in the world. Enjoy high-quality sound from your computer to call anyone in the world.
Receive and organize e-mail from multiple accounts. Read, write and send e-mails with attachments safely and block annoying spam with Mozilla Thunderbird™.
- Office Suite
Use OpenOffice.org to read, write, and edit MS Office® files and create your own compatible documents, spreadsheets and dynamic presentations.
- Wireless Networking
Connect to your favorite wireless networks and hot-spots anywhere, and store your wireless proprofiles
- File Manager
Organize your desktop to easily find folders and files Drag and drop files to share, zip or upload to FTP sites.
- Xandros Networks
Keep your Xandros Desktop current with the latest Xandros updates. Download and install software from Xandros’ online library with a single click.
Minimum System Requirements
- Any Intel Pentium or Celeron processor.
- Any AMD K6/II/III, Duron, Athlon, Athlon XP/MP processor.
- At least 450 MHz recommended.
- Min 128 MB required, 256 MB recommended.
- 1.5 GB available space on hard drive, 3 GB available space recommended.
- Bootable CD-ROM.
Xandros Desktop Home Edition and Home Edition - Premium
- Installation CD - All of the core components and bundled applications included with your purchase of Home Edition.
- Applications CD - A library of additional included applications.
- Getting Started Guide - A printed manual providing instructions for easy installation and setup.
- 30 Minute SkypeOut coupon - 30 minutes of free calling (based upon current SkypeOut global rates, rates subject to change).
Manufactured by: Xandros
Warranty provided by: Xandros
UPC No: 894732000212
Mfg Part No: DSKS400NAEN
( Length:10, Width:2, Depth:8)
Shipping Weight: 0.5000 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- Xandros logos are registered trademarks of Xandros. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.