Netgear 16-Port Switch Product Details
Take Gigabit to the Desktop
Netgear’s JGS516 Gigabit Switch Series gives your office network a megaboost of speed and capacity that is within your budget. With up to 48 Gbps of bandwidth, these and 16-port switches can blast 2000 Mbps per port while their affordable prices enable you to put them everywhere. Use it to take Gigabit Ethernet directly to the desktop! Standards-based for easy integration of 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps devices, these unmanaged, rack-mountable switch feature 10/100/1000 automatic speed and full/half-duplex sensing plus Auto Uplink™ on every port. Users can take advantage of the their ability to deliver large amounts of multimedia, image, and video information in no time at all. Ideal for workgroups, labs, departments, or growing offices looking for oustanding performance at a low price.
Aggressive prices enable your workgroup, department or small network to ramp up to Gigabit speeds, even all the way to the desktop.
Each port is equipped with automatic speed and duplex sensing, plus Auto Uplink to adjust for straight-through or crossover cables to make the right link. Standards-based design makes it easy to combine 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps devices on your network.
Easy to set up and easy to use, these unmanaged switches have per port LED's for effortless network monitoring. Compact enough for desktop but comes with a rack mount kit. Compatible with PC, Macintosh, Linux, and Unix operating systems.
- Network Ports:
- 16x 10/100/1000 Mbps twisted-pair RJ-45 ports
- Standards Compliance:
- IEEE 802.3i 10BASE-T Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3x Flow Control
- Switching Bandwidth: 48 gigabit per sec
- Forward Rate (1000 Mbps port): 1,480,000 packest per sec
- Forward Rate (100 Mbps port): 148,000 packets per sec
- Forward Rate (10 Mbps port): 14,800 packets per sec
- Latency (1000 to 1000 Mbps): 20 µs max
- Packet Buffer Memory: 2 Mb
- MAC address database: 8,000
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 87,600 hours
- 16x 10/100/1000 ports
- Powerful, non-blocking backplane
- Affordable enough for desktop connections
- Flexible Auto UplinK™ Technology makes the right link
- Rack mount kit included
Additional Resources: Product Manuals
Manufactured by: NetGear
Warranty provided by: Not Available
UPC No: 606449036398
Mfg Part No: JGS516NA
( Length:15, Width:10, Depth:4)
Shipping Weight: 5.7500 pound(s)
Click here for full warranty and support information
- NetGear logos are registered trademarks of NetGear. All others trademarks and copyrights mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.